Okay. There are many problems with traditional weight loss programs. For one, everyone knows how to lose weight: eat less, move more. But since not many are making it work long term (less than 5% keep it off) it is clearly not about that. It's about emotional stuff. Self love, self care, stress, comfort, knowns, etc. Losing weight isn't just about forming new eating habits, although that's part of it--but even if it were, think about this: many weight loss programs make you buy all of your food from them. Sure people may eat better and have portion control and lose weight that way. But what they are really doing is creating a new habit of opening a package to eat. So when they reach their goal weight and stop buying the food, they don't have the right lifestyle habits to support their goal weight.
I just did a weight loss session today. I love this therapy the most because I see so much lasting good coming from it. Not just released pounds, but released emotional distress and new coping strategies that will have a positive effect for generations.
Hypontherpy and Weight Loss
This year fifty million people will go on diets. Some of they will successfully lose weight. But sadly, only 5% of them will keep the weight off permanently. Why?
Everyone knows how to lose weight. Eat less calories than you burn. Right? Just like we all know how to be financially independent. Spend less dollars than you earn.
Yet why do so many people struggle?
Clearly it's not about knowledge. In some cases knowledge is power, but only if your unconscious mind is on board with that knowledge. The truth is that logic, intelligence, reason, decision making and will power are all part of the conscious mind, which only makes up about 10-12% of the mind. The unconscious mind, which makes up the other 88% and controls as much of our behavior, doesn't reason. It is made up of associations and knowns that form your life script. If you ever feel like you are not in control when it comes to things like chocolate cake or ice cream, it's because your conscious mind is not in control.It would like to think it is. But when 12% gets into a tug of war with 88%, the unconscious wins. In order to curb some of those habits, addictions, negative self talk, sabotage, and other things that are keeping the weight on, the conscious and unconscious minds need to be brought into synchronicity.
Weight loss is one of my favorite therapies because it is so far reaching. It is not just about eating less or moving more, it is about self love, relationships, worthiness, stress, beliefs, fears, habits, motivation, and old associations with food as comfort.
Some things clients should know when coming in for weight loss:
Even though you may be anxious to lose weight NOW, be advised that hypnotherapy for weight loss is not an overnight magic pill. Think about all the time you have already spent over weight or losing and then gaining it back over the years. If you want to achieve healthy permanent weight loss, it needs to happen in a healthy way (about 1-2 lbs/week.) If you want to lose 25 lbs or more, you need to commit to putting yourself back on your to-do list for more than just one session.This may take extra time and energy and support, and I recommend that you come weekly for at least 2-3 months, depending on your goal weight or goal size.
How hypnosis is different than other weight loss programs:
Diet is just he word "die" with a "t." And exercise often has the same connotation. My hypnotherapy weight loss program is about living your life in a way that allows you to get to your goal weight and maintain it. It is about creating a joyous lifestyle where your body and mind and spirit feel good about where you are at, and living and enjoying that beautiful full life with your loved ones and friends.
When people lose weight with hypnotherapy they don't just get slimmer. There is a whole life shift into greater happiness and self love. Where as, people who lose weight with other methods, such as surgery, often still fill like the fat person inside and are still plagued with the emotional issues they thought would go away once the weight was off.
I work with my clients as co-creators of success, guiding them to the resources that they already have within them. We explore the emotional reasons behind weight and create a new, happier, healthier lifestyle.
Our primary tool for achieving this is hypnosis, which is more powerful than will power and determination. Hypnosis works on an unconscious level to alleviate cravings, increase motivation, reduce stress, increase self-esteem, reduce fear, and so much more.
Please feel free to comment or ask any questions you have about weight loss.
I'm a hypnotherapist, Kundalini Yoga and Meditation teacher, spiritual childbirth educator, writer, and human American. I'm also a mom.